five forced fumbles. Sumlin said one of the best things about Garrett is hes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990 May 21
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Only one Russian will compete at the Olympic track and field meet. Air Jordan 9 Online Store .Darya Klishinas goal is to not put the weight of her whole country on her shoulders.The coach of the Russian long jumper, who trains and has been drug tested in Florida for the past 2 1/2 years, says part of the preparation involves shielding her from the real-world politics that surround Klishinas presence at the track in Rio de Janeiro next week.She certainly is aware of it, Loren Seagrave told The Associated Press in the lead-up to Klishinas competition, which starts next Tuesday. Shes real good at being Darya Klishina, and not taking on the entire world on her own.In June, tracks governing body, the IAAF, banned the Russian team from the Olympics after an investigation revealed a culture of widespread, state-sponsored doping within the program. It permitted exceptions for Russians who could show they had abided by stringent anti-doping rules -- namely, those who lived, trained and tested in another country.Klishina was the only athlete who met the standards. She started training with Seagrave in late 2013 and moved to Bradenton, Florida, in early 2014. The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, which handles drug testing of any athlete living in the United States, regardless of nationality, has tested Klishinas blood or urine 33 times since the end of 2013, Seagrave said.Klishinas entry into the Olympics brought its share of criticism from back home, from fans and athletes who suggested she is a traitor. There are 67 Russian track and field athletes who will not be allowed to compete, including two of the countrys best-known names -- world-record-holder pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva and 110-meter hurdles world champion Sergei Shubenkov.But Klishina will be there. The 25-year-old, whose best finish in a major competition was seventh at both the 2011 and 2013 world championships, is not doing interviews in advance of her competition. When she was cleared to compete, she told the Russian track teams website, I think it is wrong to criticize me and call me a Russian traitor.I would like to point out that I didnt start training in the USA with an American coach a month before this situation turned out the way it did, she said. I have been there for three years.Klishina has also received support from athletes, both from Russians whove been banned, and from athletes outside the country. The defending Olympic champion on the mens side, Britains Greg Rutherford, understands Klishinas awkward role in these games and says she certainly deserves to be here.You always like to believe the best in people and I just hope she has a fantastic games, Rutherford said. It is going to be a very interesting event having her there.Seagrave said he connected with Klishina after the long jumper reached out, upset that she was stagnating and needed to make some changes.When they first told me that Darya was going to come and train with us for a few months, I thought, `Oh my gosh, Im going to have to deal with a diva, Seagrave said of Klishina, who also dabbles in modeling. Its absolutely 100 percent the opposite way. Shes great to work with, really compassionate, supports her teammates. They support her.Klishina has the talent to be in the mix for a medal -- she won the world youth title in 2007 and had one of this seasons top jumps (6.84 meters) at Russias national championships. But it is not considered an official mark since the IAAF isnt recognizing marks from meets in Russia this year.Shes focused, Seagrave said. This is one of the things that has allowed her to prepare: We really havent talked about it much. We felt we needed to act as if everything was going to move forward, based on the decisions she made the last three years. Thats one of the things thats allowed her to stay focused and try to build a little bit of insulation between whats going on and her preparation.But there are some things Seagrave cant shield her from -- namely, dreams of a medal.I would think it would be a real source of pride and a rallying point for Russian people to realize that they have an athlete that has done everything according to the book and still come out on top, Seagrave said. Cheap Air Jordan 9 . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Cheap Jordan 9 Free Shipping . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. http://www.cheapairjordan9.com/ . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. HOOVER, Ala. -- The trajectory of Kevin Sumlins tenure at Texas A&M has not been going in the right direction.The fifth-year coach hopes a transfer quarterback and some talented defensive linemen can get the Aggies back into the conversation as a serious threat in the Southeastern Conference.I like where we are, Sumlin said Tuesday at SEC Media Days. I like the chemistry of this football team. I like where the locker room is. I like where their mind is.Senior Trevor Knight was named the teams starting quarterback in the spring after coming to Texas A&M as a graduate transfer just a few months before. Knight previously played at Oklahoma, where he started 15 games over three seasons and threw for more than 3,000 career yards.The 6-foot-1 Knight was needed after Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray both transferred during a tumultuous stretch in December. Hes thrilled to have another chance at leading a team after an up-and-down career with the Sooners.Its been a leap of faith in a lot of ways, but looking back on it, it has been perfect, Knight said. I did get to step in and the culture at A&M, specifically the team, wrapped their arms around me and let me know that I was a part of the family.Knight should have plenty of playmakers around him: Sophomore receiver Christiian Kirk was the 2015 SEC Freshman of the Year after catching 80 passes for 1,009 yards and seven touchdowns, and Josh Reynolds (51 catches, 907 yards, five TDs) and Ricky Seals-Jones (45 catches, 560 yards, four TDs) also return. Air Jordan 9 Clearance. Offense hasnt usually been a problem during Sumlins time in College Station, and the Aggies put up enough points last year to go 8-5 overall. Instead, its the defense that is a big reason they have an 11-13 SEC record over the past three seasons.Sumlin hopes that will change this year because Texas A&M has two of the leagues best pass rushers in junior Myles Garrett and senior Daeshon Hall.The 6-foot-5, 262-pound Garrett led the SEC with 12 1/2 sacks, 19 1/2 tackles for a loss and five forced fumbles. Sumlin said one of the best things about Garrett is hes a rarity in college football: a low-maintenance star.All he wants is maybe his headphones and to know what time practice is, when to go to class, when meetings are and when game time is and wheres the food, Sumlin said.-----Follow David Brandt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP-----AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '