started to support the 49ers, especially Kaepernick, with the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Apr 23 '19
Carl Frampton flew to the U. Asics Outlet Sale .S. on Monday insisting he will not make the same mistakes as his last fight in the States when he takes on Leo Santa Cruz in New York later this month.Frampton (22-0, 14 KOs) challenges Mexican Santa Cruz (32-0-1, 18 KOs) for his WBA world featherweight title at the Barclays Centre on July 30 in his first fight since stepping up from super-bantamweight.The Northern Irishman, who out-pointed fellow Briton Scott Quigg in a WBA-IBF world title unification fight in February, was floored twice in the first round before recovering to win on points against unheralded Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. in El Paso, Texas, a year ago.Its more comfortable for me to make featherweight, it wasnt easy to make super-bantam and I struggled when I fought in America a year ago but then against Quigg it was probably one of the easiest Ive made the weight in a while, Frampton told ESPN.So its more to do with creating a bit of a legacy for myself, something to be remembered for, by becoming a two-weight world champion.There was a wee bit of a relaxed atmosphere before I fought Gonzalez. I thought it was going to be easy, the heat wasnt great either and I boxed in the afternoon so there was less time to recover from making the weight, which I found hard to do.The canvas was very soft, like a mattress, but Ive learned from those mistakes and I wont let that happen again.Im boxing on the east coast this time so it will be different and I was only out for eight days before the last fight but Im going out sooner for this one.Everything was just too laid back before I fought Gonzalez, I took it for granted a bit. Being in that mindset didnt do making the weight any favours.I felt like I was constantly dehydrated and I kept gorging on water. Things were wrong but this time we will be out for four weeks before and Im going into the fight as the underdog and will be doing things different.Frampton, 29, is one of Northern Irelands biggest sports stars along with golfer?Rory McIlroy?and the national football team which has just been in action at Euro 2016, but the former IBF-WBA super-bantamweight champion feels he has a point to prove to American fight fans after a disappointing US debut last year.I need to show the American crowd what Im capable of, Frampton said.Im better than that, Im a better fighter than I looked in the first round when Gonzalez put me down twice. It was disastrous but I came back and boxed quite well after that and won on points comfortably.That was me at 70 percent and I really need to be at my best to beat Santa Cruz because hes the best fighter Ive come up against.Frampton and three-weight world champion Santa Cruz, 27, almost met at super-bantamweight and the Belfast boxer believes the champions aggression will play into his hands.Leo punches a lot and is aggressive, hes a come forward fighter, and that will suit me, he said.Hes had a couple of good wins at featherweight against Abner Mares and Kiko Martinez. Mares was a good win, but Mares tactics were all wrong.He started fast and blew up after three rounds and wasnt the same after that. I wont be stupid enough to do that. Asics Shoes For Cheap . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Wholesale Asics Shoes . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. http://www.asicscheap.com/ . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. LONDON -- Police officer Shaun Weay didnt think twice about wearing a 49ers T-shirt to Wembley Stadium on Sunday -- even though San Francisco backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick has spoken out against police brutality by, among other actions, kneeling as the national anthem was played before games.Weay, an officer in Yorkshire, acknowledged he couldnt support the views expressed by Kaepernick.Hes a role model for people, certainly in the States, and obviously, doing that, its just not positive, said Weay, who grew up watching the 49ers when Joe Montana and Steve Young led them to Super Bowls in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Stay out of it is the easiest thing to do. Keep your opinions. If you have your own opinion, thats fine, but keep it out of the public arena for everyone else to get involved.Weay made the roughly 200-mile trip from northern England with his daughter and her boyfriend, who wore Kaepernicks jersey, because Sunday was his day off.Were all people at the end of the day, and weve all got to keep people safe, Weay said. I may not agree with the way that (police in America have) dealt with things, but that was their call on the day. They made that decision. Theyre the ones that had that threat in front of them, and they dealt with it as they saw fit.Chris Stevens, from Lincolnshire, attended the game with several friends and also wore a Kaepernick jersey. He began paying attention to the NFL in 2012, when Kaepernick helped the 49ers get to the Super Bowl, and thus began to follow the team more closely.I would say I agree withh him to a certain extent, that black lives matter, but Im more of a stance that all lives matter, said Stevens, who equated Kaepernicks stance with that of Muhammad Ali in the 1960s. Asics Cheap Online. But, I do agree that it does seem to be an issue with Americans.Colts cornerback Antonio Cromartie continued to show his support for the black community by kneeling and raising a fist during the singing of the national anthem. Cromartie, who began the gesture a week ago, stood up before God Save The Queen, the British national anthem, was sung.Wearing Kaepernicks jersey wasnt particularly unique in London, where the NFL is in its 10th year hosting regular-season games. Fans have typically shown up to such games supporting a variety of teams -- not just those playing in the game.Yet not everyone was aware of Kaepernicks stance. Eight sections away, six friends traveled from Stuttgart, Germany. Two of whom, Manuel Goertner and Simon Goertner, wore Kaepernick jerseys.When asked about the quarterbacks activism, the two said they had no idea Kaepernick had been instrumental in raising awareness of social issues.They were the leading team, and thats why they started to support the 49ers, especially Kaepernick, with the new way he was playing quarterback with all the running, said Steff Dreher, a friend who served as an interpreter. It was resonant with all the guys.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '