Belgium Martinez: No Kompany injury Belgium held by Netherlands Sky Live: Sunday qualifiers ' ' ' th | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Apr 20
New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum had no idea he was about to make cricket history when he broke the world record for the fastest Test century on Saturday. Cheap Air Max 1 Canada . McCullum made a ton in just 54 balls and went on to score 145 in New Zealands 370 all out on the opening day of the second Test against Australia at Hagley Oval.West Indian Viv Richards set the previous record of 56 balls against England in Antigua in 1986 and the mark was then equalled by Pakistans Misbah-ul-Haq against Australia in Abu Dhabi in 2014. New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum is playing in his final Test match I had no idea, said McCullum, who is playing in his 101st and final Test. I was trying to hit every ball for four or six. Viv was my idol growing up so its nice to be able to go past him on this occasion.But he was a cracking player, he was an incredible cricketer. Im almost a little bit of embarrassed to go past him, to be honest.McCullum said he knew it was probably going to be his day when he had an almighty filthy slog at his second ball, which flew over the slips cordon for four. Brendon McCullum scored a century from just 54 balls for New Zealand After scoring 39, he then enjoyed a huge slice of luck when he sliced James Pattinson to Mitchell Marsh, who took a brilliant, one-handed catch diving to his right in the gully.Umpire Richard Kettleborough requested a replay which showed Pattinson had bowled a no-ball. I thought it was four as soon as I hit it, McCullum said. They do push the front line a little bit. It was quite a nice reprieve. It probably loosens you up a little bit as well, it just relaxes you a little bit more.You know youre probably not meant to be out there. You may as well play with a little more freedom and I managed to ride my luck all the way through.The record is something youre immensely proud of but, of course, you dont set out to achieve it. McCullum was given a standing ovation after departing for 145 Australia spinner Nathan Lyon, who eventually caught McCullum off the bowling of James Pattinson, added: It was pretty amazing striking.Hes been a credit to the game of cricket with the way hes conducted himself for New Zealand for a long period of time and to see him come out there and do that was pretty amazing.He rode his luck but thats the way hes played cricket and Im sure thats the way he will want to go down at the end of his career - as a person who took the game on.Watch day two of the second Test between New Zealand and Australia from 9.30pm, Saturday, Sky Sports 2. Also See: WATCH: Best of McCullums century McCullum smashes record ton New Zealand fixtures/results Get Sky Sports Cheap Authentic Air Max 1 . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Cheap Air Max 1 Wholesale . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. http://www.wholesaleairmax1canada.com/ . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. BEIJING -- Outrage after losing to Syria has been followed by an air of resignation in China.The national soccer teams second loss in five days leaves China with only the slimmest chance of qualifying for the next World Cup.The perennial underachievers have under-performed against a backdrop of massive investment in the domestic league, which is luring star players in record-breaking transfers and coaches from around the world. The imported talent doesnt appear to be improving the vast pool of local players.Gao Hongbo quit after the 2-0 loss to Uzbekistan on Tuesday night left his team with just one point from four games in Asias last round of World Cup qualifying. Gao spoke to the Chinese Football Association after last weeks 1-0 home loss to war-torn Syria -- a result that reportedly sparked angry protests from fans -- and indicated hed stand aside if there was a loss in Tashkent.As a result of this defeat, I bring an end to my time in charge of the China national team, he said. I hope the China national team will be better in the future and we will meet in football again.Critics questioned his team selections and tactical decisions, but an editorial in the Communist Party flagship Peoples Daily on Wednesday said the analysis was ultimately meaningless. The newspaper bemoaned the fact that, despite some early signs of hope, China was the weakest of the 12 teams still in contention in Asia.With such a team and such players, what would it matter whether they were coached by Ferguson, Mourinho or Guardiola? the editorial said. The midfield was in constant flux and the power of the attack was virtually nil. With all the `foreign assistance running wild in the Chinese Super League, just coming up with a roster of 23 was no easy task.Given that China again has only a theoretical possibility of making it out of the group stage, thinking calmly, should Chinese football not return to the starting point and start from scratch?The Peoples Daily said the Chinese Super League was papering over deficiencies in the national football setup with all the money both earned by selling television rights and spent on hiring foreign players and coaches. Air Max 1 Canada Sale. Clubs in the league have spent more than $400 million on foreign players in 2016 alone. South American stars such as Hulk, Alex Teixeira, Ramires and Jackson Martinez have helped Shanghai SIPG, Jiangsu Suning and Guangzhou Evergrande challenge in the domestic competition and in the Asian Champions League.High-profile coaches including Luiz Felipe Scolari, Sven-Goran Eriksson and Manuel Pellegrini have also lifted the international profile of the league.China is mobilizing under President Xi Jinpings drive to overhaul the game domestically and turn the Chinese team into a World Cup winner by 2050.But despite the investment from the private and public sector -- the government is also focusing on youth development -- the standard of the national team will take longer to improve.The Peoples Daily didnt recognize any improvement in its editorial, instead saying Chinas national team is merely marching in place or even going backward in terms of quality.The rebuilding phase must start immediately, with China hosting Qatar next month in its last World Cup qualifier of the year. There are five more matches, starting in March. To have any chance of making it to Russia for the 2018 tournament, China needs to get on a winning roll and rely on group leaders Iran, Uzbekistan and South Korea failing to pick up many points. Only the top two teams in both six-team qualifying groups will advance to the World Cup. The two third-place teams go into another playoff.Chinas only appearance at the World Cup was in 2002, when it failed to score a goal inSANTA CLARA, Calif. Discount Salomon Shoes . -- After a one-year hiatus, San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman Anthony Davis is aiming to return to the NFL.Davis tweeted Monday morning that he has filed his letter requesting reinstatement to the NFL and the team.The onus now falls on the NFL to allow Davis reinstatement and the 49ers to clear a spot on their 90-man roster should they want to retain his rights. Davis is currently on the reserve/retired list.Davis took what was expected to be a temporary break from the NFL last June, an announcement that came on the heels of a 2014 season in which he started just seven games and dealt with knee, hamstring and head injuries.Mondays declaration that hes aiming to return is no surprise, however, as he had indicated a return was possible if not probable when he walked away.After a few years of thought, Ive decided it will be best for me to take a year or so away from the NFL, Davis said in a statement last year. This will be a time for me to allow my brain and body a chance to heal. I know many wont understand my decision, thats OK.Im simply doing whats best for my body as well as my mental health at this time in my life.Davis, 26, started 71 games in five seasons for the 49ers before he walked away.While San Francisco has needed help at right tackle since Davis departure, its unclear whether the team plans to keep him upon reinstatement, what kind of physical condition hes in or what his role would be upon returning.As it stands, the Niners have incumbent Erik Pears and Trent Brown set to compete for the right tackle spot in training camp with rookies and veterans slated to report on Saturday. Cheap Salomon Canada . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. Salomon Shoes Outlet Canada . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. http://www.wholesalesalomoncanada.com/ . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence.Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois insists his scary bloodshot eye is by no means hampering his performances. The Belgium number one sat on the bench for his countrys 1-1 friendly draw with the Netherlands on Wednesday after recovering from an illness that made him burst a blood vessel in his left eye.Courtois is expected to feature in their World Cup Qualifier against Estonia on Sunday and has described all the gory details of his Halloween ordeal exclusively to Sky Sports News HQ. After the Manchester United game I came home and got sick, he said. Courtois says he wants to win the Premier League title with Chelsea I had to vomit a few times and you force yourself, and it was just a vein that popped in my eye.It looks scary. It was the Halloween period so then it was okay but now its not going away. They said 10 days and its already been two and a half weeks but it doesnt affect me in the game. Courtois believs Chelsea can win the league if they avoid the complacency that affected them last season Some pictures look worse than it is. Salomon Shoes Canada Sale. . Theres nothing to do about it.Courtois has kept seven successive clean sheets for Chelsea and Belgium, failing to concede since the defeat to Liverpool in September, which has helped propel the Blues into the Premier League top four.His manager at Stamford Bridge, Antonio Conte, has recently played down talk of his side being in title contention but Courtois hopes they can be there or thereabouts come May.We could be title contenders but after last season we have to be careful about everything, he said. Courtois has been in superb form for Chelsea this season We cannot relax because maybe last year we went too easy into the season because we were champions the year before. We have to keep the focus, ambition and hunger to win and, if we keep that, then maybe in May we can lift that trophy.The clean sheets are nice but, apart from against Leicester and Manchester United, I didnt have too much work to do. Thats part of the teamwork. If you defend well you keep clean sheets and thats whats happening with Belgium and Chelsea. Also See: Kompany, Dembele out for Belgium Martinez: No Kompany injury Belgium held by Netherlands Sky Live: Sunday qualifiers ' ' ' the tournament that was co-hosted by South Korea and Japan. ' ' '