rseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Chearseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Chea | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 13 '18
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Colby Lewis has been a successful postseason pitcher for the Rangers, and the veteran right-hander is trying to get back on track with Texas closing in on another AL West title. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys .Lewis struggled at times with his control, including three of his five walks in the same inning, and the Rangers lost 5-2 Sunday to the Oakland Athletics in only his second start since a two-month stay on the disabled list.I just didnt make pitches. ... I felt great, Lewis said. Its on me. I want to use a word I shouldnt use on camera. Its junk. Yeah, the sixth inning was junk.With two weeks left in the regular season, the magic number for the AL-leading Rangers (88-62) to clinch the division title remained at five games. They lead second-place Seattle by 8 1/2 games in the AL West.Khris Davis homered twice for the As, giving him 40 for the season -- 10 of them in 15 games against the Rangers.Lewis (6-3) gave up three runs in 5 1/3 innings, allowing three hits and five walks over 92 pitches (48 strikes). But the 36-year-old pitcher got through the outing with no apparent issues after missing so much time with a strained right lat.I feel confident that Colbys healthy, and I feel confident that hes going to get things locked in and be a quality pitcher for us, manager Jeff Banister said.Ross Detwiler (2-3) went 5 1/3 innings and limited the Rangers to two runs after going 0-3 with a 6.75 ERA in his previous six games for the As. Ryan Dull pitched the ninth for his third save in five chances.Davis lined a solo shot to left field in the fourth to match Oaklands single-season team record for homers against the Rangers (Reggie Jacksons nine in 1974). Davis broke that mark when he went the opposite way in the eighth, a two-run shot to right off Keone Kela that also pushed his RBI total to 99.Davis is the first As player to hit 40 homers since Jason Giambi had 43 in 2000.Its pretty cool. Im proud of myself, Davis said. At the same time, weve still got a couple more weeks. I dont know why 45 is out of the question.Texas got its runs with four consecutive hits off Detwiler with one out in the third. Delino DeShields had an RBI single and scored when Ian Desmond hit a sharp grounder that ricocheted of Detwilers knee into foul territory.It was the 17th start overall this season for Lewis, who is 4-1 with a 2.34 ERA in eight postseason starts for the Rangers, including Game 6 of the 2010 AL Championship Series that clinched the franchises first World Series berth.Lewis had three walks in the sixth, the last to Marcus Semien with the bases loaded to force in a run and tie the game at 2. The As went ahead when Renato Nunez greeted reliever Alex Claudio with a fielders choice grounder that drove in a run.That loss, its definitely on my back. I take full responsibility for it, Lewis said. If I did my job were having a different conversation.SUCCESSFUL TRIPWhile already guaranteed consecutive losing seasons for the first time since 2007-09, the As (66-83) won two of three in Texas to wrap up a 6-1 road trip in which they scored 65 runs. The only loss was when Texas scored twice with two outs in the ninth inning Friday night.QUICK RUNNER VS LEWISWhen Lewis last faced Oakland on June 16, he retired the games first 23 batters before a two-out walk in the eighth, and didnt give up a hit until a leadoff double in the ninth. On Sunday, Joey Wendle reached with bunt single on the games first pitch, and Lewis then walked Danny Valencia before striking out the next three batters to get out of the first inning without giving up a run. Lewis made only one more start after that June start against the As before going on the DL.NOTHING DEEPThe Rangers streak of 18 consecutive games with a homer, the third-longest in team history, ended.UP NEXTAthletics: Oakland starts its final homestand of the season on Monday night against Houston.Rangers: Texas stays home with lefty Martin Perez (10-10), who has a 1.96 ERA his past three starts, starting the opener of a three-game series against the Los Angeles Angels. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. http://www.wholesalenikenfljerseys.com/ .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. DENVER -- His early career struggles behind him, Jon Gray is answering the call as the Colorado Rockies ace.Gray pitched seven strong innings, Nolan Arenado and Trevor Story hit two-run homers off relievers after starter Julio Teheran left because of an injury, and the Rockies beat the Atlanta Braves 4-3 on Friday night.Gray (6-4) shut down the Braves after allowing a run in the first inning, finishing with eight strikeouts in helping the Rockies hand the Braves their eighth straight loss at Coors Field.Hes really pitching like an ace and the futures bright with him on the mound, no doubt, Arenado said. His intensity has been up there. He expects to win. He expects to get guys out. He bears down and its been really impressive to watch him pitch lately.The Rockies first-round draft pick out of Oklahoma in 2013, Gray went without a win in his first 13 starts -- the longest streak at the start of a career in team history. Since then, though, he has gone 6-3 with a 3.77 ERA over 13 starts since earning his first victory May 13.His slider has been a difference-maker this year, Rockies manager Wat Weiss said. Its really sharp.Gray said he has become more sure of himsef on the mound, drawing on a mix of fastballs, curves, and sliders.My confidence is building and Im looking to build it more, he said.The Braves, meanwhile, were dealing with health questions about Teheran, who left the game after facing one batter in the fifth with what the team said was right lat tightness. His status was described as day to day.Lets hope its nothing big, Braves interim manager Brian Snitker said. He had a look on his face of, `Id like to try it. You want to keep going and then you end up screwing it up for weeks. They checked him out. Did everything, but felt theyd get a better read (Saturday).Teheran left after trying to run down Mark Reynolds infield hit, though the pitcher said he may have tweaked the muscle throwing a pitch in the previous inning.I was feeling a little discomfort and there was some pain, he said. I decided to come out of the game. I didnt want to make it worse.Teheran walked off the field under his own power and was relieved by Joel De La Cruz.Trailing 1-0 in the sixth, the Rockies went in front behind a four-run burst. DJ LeMahieu started the sixth with a walk and Arenado, coming off a scheduled rest day Thursday, drove a 2-2 offering from De La Cruz (0-3) into the bleachers in left-center field for his 24th home run. Wholesale NFL Jerseys. .Dario Alvarez relieved and Carlos Gonzalez singled ahead of the home run by Story. The Rockies rookie has 24 homers.Jace Peterson connected for a two-run homer off Jason Motte in the eighth, pulling the Braves within a run.Carlos Estevez allowed a double to Adonis Garcia and walked Ender Inciarte to start the ninth. The runners advanced on a sacrifice and Erick Aybar walked to load the bases before Estevez recovered to get Chase dArnaud on a popup and strike out Peterson for his eighth save in 11 chances.Braves pitchers picked off two baserunners, costing the Rockies scoring opportunities.Charlie Blackmon singled to lead off the game, extending his hitting streak to 14 games. He stole second but Teheran got him out with a pickoff throw from the mound, allowing the Braves pitcher to withstand Arenados two-out triple unscathed by getting Gonzalez to ground out.In the fifth, De La Cruz, who had just relieved Teheran, made his first throw from the mound to first base and Freddie Freeman tagged a diving Mark Reynolds before he could get his hand back on the bag. Nick Hundley followed with a double and was stranded at third when Blackmon flied out to end the inning.TRAINERS ROOMBraves: RHP Shea Simmons, who is recovering from Tommy John surgery, was slated to make his first rehab appearance on Saturday for the Gulf Coast Rookie League Braves. Hes expected to throw one inning. ... RHP Dan Winkler, in the midst of a comeback from a right elbow fracture, threw on the side Friday and provided there are no setbacks, team officials could put together a minor league rehab schedule for him.Rockies: LF Gerardo Parra, sidelined since mid-June because of a sprained left ankle, is stepping up his conditioning workouts and could soon begin a rehab assignment. ... LHP Chris Rusin, placed on the 15-day DL in early June with a left shoulder strain, is nearing a return. Hes expected to be re-evaluated by training staff after a scheduled rehab assignment on Sunday.UP NEXTBraves: RHP Matt Wisler (4-9) has been hurt recently by the home run ball, especially on the road, where he has allowed at least two homers in each of his past three starts away from home.Rockies: LHP Tyler Anderson (2-3) has won two starts since dropping his first three career decisions. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys ChinaWholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '