e MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys ChinaNC | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 11 '18
Roberto Luongo enters the 2013-14 season as the Canucks number-one netminder. Cheap Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys . Its a position he did not enjoy entering the lockout-shortened 2013 season. Embroiled in a long battle for playing time with fellow netminder Cory Schneider that dates back to before the Canucks 2011 Stanley Cup Final run, Luongo spent the better part of the past 12 months addressing trade speculation. However, at last months NHL Draft, Canucks general manager Mike Gillis would make a shocking move - dealing Schneider instead of Luongo. The deal netted the Canucks the ninth overall pick - which they would use to select Bo Horvat - and handed the net firmly back over to Luongo for the foreseeable future. Speaking at the Vancouver Canucks Summer Summit - an event organized by the Canucks for its fans to update them on team business and news - Gillis was asked immediately about his decision to deal Schneider. “What happened could have been the result all the way through,” Gillis said of the decision to deal Schneider. “At the end of the day we had to make a choice and we made the choice to go to Roberto.” The choice was a surprise to many, so much so that Gillis travelled to Florida to have a face-to-face visit with Luongo at his home to discuss his role moving forward. Gillis recount of that conversation was one of a changed Luongo, the same player that has become a loose and candid person with the media and fans alike. “Its been a remarkable transformation,” Gillis said of Luongos shift from the end of 2011 to now. “He felt that after that [2011 Stanley Cup Final] series happened he was blamed more than others or that he was held accountable more than others.” However, Gillis would reiterate that hes comfortable with Luongo as his starter and also stated his belief that his goaltender would also be representing Canada at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia. "Roberto will be our starting goalie," Gillis added. "I feel very optimistic about it." Other issues addressed at the summit included the hopes that the roof will be open at B.C. Place Stadium when the Vancouver Canucks host the Ottawa Senators in the Heritage Classic in March. "If worse comes to worse and it needs to be a covered facility, itll be a covered facility," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said. "We hope thats not the case." Daly fielded questions ahead of Gillis and spoke of the Heritage Classic, amongst other league business like officiating, the health of the League and the possibility of an NHL franchise in Seattle. "I think theres a willingness to consider (expansion)," said Daly. Seattle was seen as a popular destination for the troubled Phoenix Coyotes, who faced a possibility of relocation ahead of a Glendale City Council vote last month. The vote, however, wound up a positive one for the Coyotes, with the City approving a lease deal that could pave the way for the sale of the team to the Renaissance Sports and Entertainment Group. New head coach John Tortorella gave Canucks fans some unexpected news, unveiling two new assistant coaches in the question and answer period. Tortorella revealed that the team has added Mike Sullivan - with whom he worked with the New York Rangers - as well as former Dallas Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan as assistant coaches. Gulutzan spent two years behind the bench in Dallas, posting a 64-57-9 record. The Stars would miss the playoffs both years under Gulutzan, who was replaced last month by former Buffalo Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff. The team also announced at the summer summit that they would be honouring Canucks great Pavel Bure, by retiring his number 10 in a ceremony during this upcoming season. Cheap Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Cheap Miami Marlins Jerseys . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. http://www.cheapmlbjerseysoutlet.com/ . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers center Joe Hawley has accused a Seattle Seahawks player of spitting in his face Sunday at Raymond James Stadium.Speaking Thursday on the Joe Hawley Show on Tampa Bay Sports Radio 620 WDAE, Hawley said he believes rookie Jarran Reed was the culprit.Yeah I think thats who it was, Hawley said of Reed, though he wasnt 100 percent certain. They were hitting me late and then one guy got up, and when I came up all fired up, he actually spit in my face after one of the plays. And that really got me fired up because I just dont think that should be a part of the game at all.Reed on Friday denied that he spit in Hawleys face.I dont know why he would think that, bring that allegation towards me, Reed said. I saw something saying we were hitting them late. ... You can go back and watch the film. You will see. If he thinks hes a clean player, then I dont know what to tell you. ?But as far as the allegations that I spit in his face, thats not true. Show me the play. Show me why I did it. Then you can say something. But other than that, I just think its funny.I thought we were all grown men. I think its pretty funny. He sounds like a 14-year-old girl, Oh he spit in my face and all that.The Bucs won 14-5 thanks to two early touchdown throws from Jameis Winston to Mike Evans?but struggled to move the ball for thhe remainder of the game against a stout Seahawks defense. Cheap MLB Jerseys Free Shipping. I mean, its one thing thing [to be] pushing, shouting, yelling. But as soon as he spit in my face, I was pretty fired up about that, Hawley said. Hes a young guy. I guess he just -- thats not the way to do it.At one point during the game, after the Seahawks made a stop on third-and-2, Hawley had to be restrained from Reed and other Seahawks players who were pushing and shoving. No flags were thrown, however.Hawley said he thinks Seahawks players were frustrated with Tampa Bays physical play.The way we were playing -- we decided we were gonna play hard and get after them because we knew thats the way they played, he said. And I think they were surprised when that happened, so they tried to talk about it and then we continued to do it and they started getting chippy with it. I just dont think they were used to the way we were playing, how hard we were playing. I guess they were the only ones who thought they were allowed to play like that.Said Reed:?I guess he couldnt block a rookie the way he wanted to. So Id be pretty pissed too. Hey, I guess he needs to do a better job.ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia contributed to this report. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys ChinaNCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '