oard, he has a major impact on the game, Romar said.Western Kentucky: The Hilltoppers fell short in their first serious te | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »
xf Aug 28 '18
FLORHAM PARK, N. NFL Jerseys China .J. -- Geno Smith was surrounded by a throng of reporters, a crowded scene usually more appropriate for a No. 1 draft pick than a second-rounder. But Smith, of course, isnt your ordinary No. 39 selection. And, the New York Jets are certainly used to their quarterbacks -- and backup quarterbacks, for that matter -- getting this type of attention. "I just come out," Smith said Friday, "and be my natural self." Who that is, exactly, has been open to some debate in recent weeks as Smith has taken lots of criticism for his abilities on the field -- despite a record-breaking career at West Virginia -- and his attitude off it. Various published reports painted Smith as an immature diva who didnt always take football seriously enough. "Maybe I dont know what the diva behaviour looks like," coach Rex Ryan said. "I never saw that at all." Smiths free fall from potential top-10 pick, and his reported decision -- and later, change of heart -- to leave New York rather than return to the draft site at Radio City Music Hall added to the perception. As did Smith firing his two agents shortly after the draft. Hes done with all that. Still without an agent, Smith is ready to move on to football again. "I think its been a more eventful few weeks for the media," Smith said. "My only job is to focus on what I have here and get better." And theres plenty to do, if you ask Smith, who said all the right things after his first practice of rookie minicamp. "Im going to be tough on myself," Smith said. "Ill let the coaches do the grading, but if I say it, its an F because I want to be an A-plus. "Hey man, thats just the way I do things." Despite the tough self-evaluation, the quarterback looked pretty good during practice. Smith appeared to have a solid working knowledge of the playbook, and zipped many of his passes -- mostly in short yardage -- around the field. "Ive been studying my butt off, learning formations, learning protections," said Smith, wearing No. 7 because his old No. 12 from his college days is Joe Namaths retired number. "I think I did a good job overall today. There were some bumps in the road. Those are things I think I can clean up." He also worked under centre most of the time, something he wasnt used to doing during his time at West Virginia. Smith hesitated a few times on some throws, and was even yelled at by offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg for failing to pull off a play-action bootleg pass. Rookie jitters? Smith wont go there. "There are no excuses here," Smith said. "Weve all got to study our playbooks and be prepared for practice. If he felt like I needed to pick things up, then hell get on me, which he did. Im receptive to that, and I did what he asked of me." Yes, the man some outside the Jets organization anonymously labeled as not very coachable said all the right things after practice, appearing humble and clear of his role on the team. While many assume that will be to someday become the Jets starting quarterback, Smith refused to look too far ahead. "I have a job to do as of right now, and thats to come in and compete," he said. "Right now, theres a long ways to go in that process. This is only Step 1, Day 1, but it was fun to get out here on the practice field and enjoy my teammates and coaches." The plan is to have Smith compete for the starting job this summer with Mark Sanchez and David Garrard, as well as Greg McElroy and Matt Simms -- although those two likely have no realistic shot at winning it. Smith said he was told that Sanchez will get "the majority of the reps" in training camp. "I know Mark is a competitor, and I understand Mark wants to win the job," Smith said. "We all do. But at the same time, Im going to learn from him and David and Greg." He already impressed his fellow rookie teammates on offence by getting together with several of them at the players hotel Thursday night and going over the playbook. "I think thats great," Ryan said. "Its unusual the way he commanded the huddle. And the fact hes already telling guys (instructions), thats pretty sharp." Smith has also studied former quarterbacks such as Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb, trying to get an even better handle on Mornhinwegs West Coast offence. So, Smith says, the critics can keep on talking about him. He has better things to worry about. "I dont resent any of it," Smith said. "I dont pay attention to any of it. I just focus on what I can control and thats being a Jets quarterback, being a great teammate and just getting better as a quarterback daily." ------ NOTES: CB Dee Milliner, the teams top draft pick at No. 9 overall, didnt practice as he recovers from off-season shoulder surgery. He expects to be ready in time for training camp in late-July. ... Ryan said he was "disappointed" in Quinton Coples work in the weight room Thursday. "If Quinton doesnt do a better job in the weight room," Ryan said, "hell have to compete like anyone else for a job," Ryan said. It was a clear motivational ploy since Coples, the teams first-rounder last year, is a rising star for the defence and will move from the line to outside linebacker this season after leading the team in sacks with 5 1/2. "Hes been doing a great job, but any chance I have to get him, Im going to," Ryan said. "I expect so much from him and if he lets up a little bit, were going to make sure he knows it." Cheap China NFL Jerseys . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. http://www.cheapjerseysali.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. LAS VEGAS -- Washington freshman guard sensation Markelle Fultz had his first off night shooting.His teammates were ready to step up and take over the scoring.Dominic Green had a career-high 20 points with six rebounds, Malik Dime added 13 points and Washington beat Western Kentucky 86-47 at UNLVs Thomas & Mack Center on Friday night.I didnt see (Dominic) as superhuman or wow, hes on tonight, Washington coach Lorenzo Romar said. Hes had many practices like that. To see him regain that touch was very encouraging for us.The Huskies (4-1) outscored the Hilltoppers 47-16 in the second half.We emphasize to share the ball, Green said. At halftime, we knew we had (defensive) breakdowns in the first half. We had a lot of intensity out there in the second half.Green was 7 of 11 from the field, including 4 of 6 from 3-point range.Que Johnson led Western Kentucky (3-2) with 12 points and five rebounds. Anton Waters had 11 points and 10 rebounds while Pancake Thomas has 10 points for the Hilltoppers.Sam Timmins had 12 rebounds for Washington, which only trailed for 32 seconds of the game and had its largest lead of the first half at 34-21 with 3:51 left. The Hilltoppers cut it to 39-31 by halftime.Then came the second half, something Western Kentucky coach Rick Stansbury said his team broke down in all facets.It was a seven-point with 16 minutes left to go, from that point on, we just had bad, bad turnovers and bad execution, he said. We had some missed shots, some quicker shots -- and Green jumped on us in the second half.BIG PICTUREWashington: The Huskiies should feel good about how Fultz responded to a cold shooting night by contributing in other ways and ending the night a point and two boards short of a triple-double.ddddddddddddultz, who was averaging 25.5 points per game coming in, was held to nine points on 3-of-14 shooting from the field. However, Fultz ended with 10 assists and eight rebounds, going over his season averages of 6.5 and 5.3, respectively. He also blocked three shots.Even when (Fultz) doesnt put the big numbers on the board, he has a major impact on the game, Romar said.Western Kentucky: The Hilltoppers fell short in their first serious test of the season. Theyll have to put it quickly behind them to bounce back on the second night of the tournament. Western Kentucky on Friday played its first of seven straight road games. They do not return home to play until Dec. 21 against Ohio.SECOND-HALF ROUTAfter leading 39-31, the Huskies potent offense, averaging 95.0 points per game, started getting in rhythm, opening up a 68-44 lead with 7:24 left for their largest lead to that point. From there, they rolled with an 18-3 run to close the game.I felt like we really made them work in the second half, Romar said. (Western Kentucky) had some open looks in the second half, but we probably just wore them out.UP NEXTWashington: The Huskies advanced to play TCU in Saturday nights final.Western Kentucky: The Hilltoppers face tournament host UNLV on Saturday. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' ' 
Max Jul 1 '20
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо инфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20
Max Nov 11 '20